Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group.
• Send and receive both Hangouts and text messages (SMS/MMS) and switch easily between message types.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 100 people.
• Say more with photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they’re offline.
Now call any phone number in the world from your Hangouts app without using your cell plan minutes. Most calls to US and Canada are free!
Download and install the Hangouts Dialer to start making phone calls in the Hangouts app. After installation, you can access all voice calling features directly from Hangouts or use Hangouts Dialer as a shortcut to make phone calls from the dialer screen in Hangouts.
● Make phone calls over data from the Hangouts app – call any phone number, including landlines.
● Use Outbound Caller ID – people who you call will see your verified number when you call them (no more appearing as Unknown!)
● Connect with your Google Voice number to make VOIP calls in the Hangouts app from your Google Voice number.